12.12.2009

{the 24th year of my life}


seeing as my birthday is now (!), it has me thinking about this last year, and how quickly it seems like time has gone since my last birthday. nearly 1 year ago i was sitting at tutta bella, surrounded by amazing friends (and delicious food), thinking about how i was turning 24, and, being that 24 was my favorite number, it meant that the upcoming year would have to be a good one. makes sense, right? well, looking back, i realize that it has been a very full, eventful, eye-opening, and all-around pretty fantastic, year. here’s the highlights::
  • my across-the-world trip with crystal to india for work, with our 2 day stop in paris on the way. i had never been to either place before, and both were amazing in completely different ways. paris was cold, colorless, and chic, with so many amazing stores, restaurants, and food (nutella crepes!). we saw all of the classic sights, and just meandered through the streets seeing all that we could. india, by contrast, was so warm, and filled with bright colors everywhere you looked. it was a very eye-opening place for me, and the people were so amazing. although we were there for work, it was one of the most relaxing places that i have ever been, and allowed me to experience a culture that i probably wouldn’t have been able to otherwise. 
  • vegas. another first for me, and spur-of-the moment decision. claire and i had been talking about going for awhile, and when i found out that my grandpa was going to be there staying at a timeshare, the decision was made. we were only there for 2 days, but it seemed like a lot longer than that. we hit up the strip, played cards with my grandpa, laid out by the pool, saw a show, and went on the big shot ride at the top of the stratosphere. 
  • sondra + melissa in seattle. two of my very best friends from home finally came to visit me! they came at different times, but both times were amazing. it was so exciting to show them the city that has been my home for the last 6 years, and have them meet all of my friends here. 
  • mom + gpa in seattle for the 4th. mom and grandpa had a couple days here at the tail end of their alaskan cruise. i hadn’t seen them since christmas, so it was so good to spend some quality time with them, especially in the summer when the weather was so nice. 
  • vancouver trip. my first time to canada that was a long time in the making. claire, erin, ryan, and i headed north for a couple days, and ryan was our amazing tour guide of the city. i LOVED stanley park, and granville island. the whole city was awesome. 
  • my first time in a wedding. my step-sister got married last summer, and asked me to be a bridesmaid, which i was really excited about since i had never been in a wedding before. it was in minnesota, and the weather was crazy. thankfully the rain and thunderstorms held off through the outdoor ceremony, and began only minutes after we went inside for the reception. added bonus: i got to walk my brother down the aisle.  
  • wicked. it was my second time seeing it, but it was no less fantastic. if you haven’t seen it, you should. it’s amazing.
  • photoshoot of my dresses. i had been meaning to take photos of the two dresses that i made in school for a long time, and had kept putting it off for one reason or another. finally, at the end of this summer, for whatever reason, i decided that i needed to make it happen since it was soon going to be cold, and my summery photos wouldn’t be looking quite as summery. i had char,  a friend from school, who was nice enough to take the photos for me, and sarah and gina who were my models. it was so exciting seeing my vision come to life right in front of me, and the photos turned out just how i wanted. definitely one of the best days of the year. 
  • vashon island with gina. in hopes of finding a little escape from the city, gina and i boarded the ferry and headed to vashon island, a little southwest of seattle. neither of us had been there before, and it was so much fun driving around, chatting, dilly-dallying through the little shops, making little videos, walking along the beach, and eating an amazing breakfast of donuts and jam biscuits at a little cafe. a perfect escape with just the right mix of relaxation and laughter. 
cheers. and hopes that this next year is just as eventful…25 here i come!

No comments:

Post a Comment