11.07.2010

ohl #91 : learn to make indian food

Ever since I went to India last year, and fell in love with Indian food, I have wanted to learn how to make it so that I can re-create it anytime I'm craving it. Well, luckily for me Reena walked into my life, and being from India, was pretty much a genious on the subject. Not only that, but she was willing to take the time to teach me too {thank you Reena!}. I let her pick what we were going to make, with the only stipulation being that it was relatively easy, and not too spicy. So what did we make? Take a peek ...

Chole (Chickpea Curry)

Mushroom Matter (Mushrooms cooked with spices)

Raita (Yogurt side used for dipping)

Puri (Unleavened bread)

Basmati Rice

Overall it was alot easier than I thought it was going to be, and it was so refreshing to make everything from scratch. Reena walked us through the process (Jenna learned too!), and let us do alot of the work while she supervised. I think the hardest part of it all was just remembering what everything was called, and what spices we used since many of them I wasn't familiar with. I do think that I could do it again once I have the recipes, and we're planning another time when I will re-create it and see how it goes. I'll let you know the outcome. Until then, I'll leave you with a couple more pictures of the complete meal. I know you're mouth is probably watering ... it was definitely delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment