5.03.2009

{water}

I was looking over my old Wordpress blog this morning, and I've decided that I'm going to re-post a few of my favorite posts here on this blog before I shut that old blog down for good

i love water. i have always have; being near it, playing in it, swimming, soaking up the sun. the other day i was sitting at gasworks with two of my best friends, looking out on lake union, wishing that I could just capture that moment and save it somewhere. it was perfect. nothing special or extraordinary. it just was. this morning as i thought about it, i realized that many of the best moments of my life are near the water. the list instantly began. here’s a taste:

*countless weekends spent at my grandma and grandpa’s house up on lake shamineau; paddle-boating, waterskiing, playing in the sand, fishing off the dock, going to the sandbar, and going for rides in the big blue boat with grandpa as captain.

*trips with my family to duluth, and my dad’s and my tradition of wading out to our favorite rock at gooseberry falls to take our classic picture of me on the rock and my dad standing next to me.

*walking down by minnehaha falls with grandma carol.

*family reunions on the lakes of minnesota, iowa, and nebraska, spending time talking, laughing, eating, and playing games.

*gina and my attempt (and success) at triple waterskiing.

*4th of julys on the brooks’ boat.

*whale watching near the san juan’s with mom.

*hiking along the mediterranean sea in cinque terre with my cousin ashley.

*barbecues at golden gardens, carkeek, and alki.

*walking along the beach in india, seeing one of the best sunsets over the indian ocean.


i guess it makes sense why i want to live on an island in the middle of a lake. who’s with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment