7.14.2010

ohl #26 : go to niagara falls

Last week I went on a roadtrip to Vermont with my mom, brother, aunt, and grandpa. I will be posting more about this trip soon since i accomplished a few things off my list, but one of the things that I did on that trip was visiting Niagara Falls. When I found out that it was only 30 miles off the freeway, I knew we had to do it. So we did. Let me tell you that it was absolutely amazing. We went on the Maid of the Mist boat tour, which I highly recommend. Not only did you get an amazing blue rain poncho, but you got to get very close to the falls, and experience them in a way you wouldn't be able to do otherwise. The falls felt so big and mighty being that close to them. They just loom over you, and make you feel so small in comparison. It was an amazing experience, and something that I think everyone should see at some point in their lives.

And for additional reading pleasure, here are some fun facts about Niagara Falls:

They are the most powerful falls in North America
The Horeshoe Falls are 2,600 feet wide
The Maid of the Mist boat tour is named for an ancient Ongiara Indian mythical character
Niagara Falls State Park is the oldest park in the U.S.

Oh, and of course I can't forget the pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment