12.01.2010

{Spark}

Remember waiting for Santa to come? Remember wanting it to be Christmas Eve in September? Remember what it felt like to sit under the Christmas tree and see all the lights, ornaments and presents? I feel like that feeling has escaped me. I don't feel the joy of the holidays or the excitement anymore. I feel like time is flying by and before you know it, it's going to be Valentine's Day already. I was Skyping with my niece last week and she was helping my brother and his wife decorate their Christmas tree. She was so excited--jumping up and down and showing me differnet ornaments she was going to hang on the tree. She had our Santa hat out and was dancing around to Christmas music. It got me thinking about this past year: it's ups and downs, joys and sorrows. At a time of year when things are supposed to be made new, I was feeling run down, and anxious to get the holidays over with while right in front of me was a little girl twirling and laughing. This holiday season, start to remember what it felt like to be young and excited for the holidays. Get caught up in the magic again. Macy's holiday slogan is "Believe." Believe in Santa again, believe in happiness, believe in family. Whatever it is that you've lost through the process of growing up, start to believe in it again. Maybe make a wish on a star tonight or let the man in the moon pocket one of your secrets. Whatever you do, don't let this holiday season drag you down, get excited and enjoy the magic of it all. Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment