1.26.2011

{Spark}

This last week I was reminded how much I really love my friends--new and old. We all know what it's like to be graduated from college and make plans three weeks in advance with an old friend, then work, life, stuff gets in the way and we may pause for a second and ask ourselves if we want to follow through with our plans or if we should find a lame excuse not to meet up with them. Don't lie. You've done it. I do it all the time. But I'm always reminded of what a great thing to have the ability to catch up with old friends is. You may have new friends and they may know who you are now a lot better than your old friends, but there's something about old friendships that brings out a side of you that no one else can, and it's always fun to catch up with that side of you. This week: I urge you if you have plans, keep them. If you don't have plans, maybe make some or facebook an old friend. I think we get so caught up in who we're becoming and where we're going that we accidentally leave others behind. I think it's just as important to look back and see who you were, who got you there and who's been with you as it is to see who you're becoming, who's helping you get there and who's with you on your new journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment