4.14.2011

{hello shadow}

I love making things, and I constantly have a list a mile long of projects that I want to do, things I want to create, etc. For whatever reason, maybe because I'm overwhelmed by the number of projects I want to do, I usually don't finish most of them. Lame, right? So ... I've decided that every single day (at least until I get a job), I'm going to tackle a project. Some days it will be bigger, and somedays it may just be a small sketch, but I want to start creating more. It makes me happy so why not make time for it? 

Anyways, today I decided to finish a project that has been in the making for sometime. A couple weekends ago I painted this shadowbox that used to be in my room when I was little (it used to be brown). And today? Well I did the fun part and filled it up with vintage treasures that I've collected from both of my grandmas over the years. I can't tell you how good it feels to finally have this little project complete, although you can be sure I will be switching it up every so often. Take a peek ...


4 comments:

  1. That is so lovely! What a fun way to display treasures. Shadowboxes are one of my favorite ways to get creative. And the color coordination is really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to go, jennie!!!!!!!!! i second all by saying 'I LOVE IT!'

    ReplyDelete